Call us +44 (0) 114 257 6022

History of Barber DTS


Barber DTS was created in 2006 following the merging of the UK’s largest tattoo supply companies; Barber of Sheffield and Davis Tattoo Supplies (DTS).


Davis Tattoo Supplies (DTS)


DTS Logo


DTS have been associated with the tattoo profession for 115 years since George Burchett-Davis (known as George ‘Professor’ Burchett) began training under legendary British tattoo artists Tom Riley and Sutherland McDonald. In 1900, George opened his first shop in east London.

George was one of the foremost artists of the early 20th century and in the 1930s made huge developments in the art of cosmetic tattooing.

George worked with many upper-class clients including ‘Sailor King’ George V, King Alfonso VIII of Spain, King Frederick IX of Denmark and Horace Ridler, AKA The Great Omi or The Zebra Man.

In 1942, George retired and passed on his business to his sons, but continued tattooing until his death in 1953.

George’s son Charles Davis continued his father’s work and while practicing his art, Charles Davis opened a small tattoo supplies company which grew to become Davis Tattoo Supplies.

Upon Charles’s retirement in 1983, DTS was handed down to Eric Davis and his wife Patricia. After running the company for 20 years, Eric and Patricia retired and the company was bought by PMW Enterprises Ltd with Josie Gibson, a long-standing DTS employee serving as Managing for 3 years.

In 2006 DTS merged with Barber Tattoo Supplies to form Barber DTS.


Barber of Sheffield

Barber of Sheffield - First Logo          Barber of Sheffield - Second Logo


Barber of Sheffield was formed in 1990 by Tony and Stephanie Crane offering medical products aimed at the UK body art industry (piercing needles, piercing instruments, and hygiene products etc.)

Initially based at the Globe Works in Sheffield, Barber moved to The Old Tool Works on Copper Street in Sheffield in 2000 and then moved to Churchill Way, Chapeltown in 2005.

Due to high interest and demand, in 2004 Barber began incorporating tattoo needles, tattoo machines, inks, furniture and other consumables into the range.

The company grew rapidly and relocated to newly-built offices on Churchill Way, off J35A on M1. The focus on the tattoo industry became stronger and in 2006 Barber of Sheffield and long-established Davis Tattoo Supplies joined together forming Barber DTS.


Barber DTS

Barber DTS - First Logo          


Following the merger, Barber DTS became key distributors for many top brands in the industry including Eternal Inks, Eikon and Tattoo Goo.

Continual growth led to Barber DTS being the the largest tattoo and piercing supplies company in the UK. As one of largest suppliers in Europe, Barber DTS are now the exclusive European distributors for Tattoo Goo, TATSoul and Kuro Sumi and exclusive distributor for Eternal Ink in the UK.

Barber DTS launched a website for Spanish customers in 2012, beginning Barber’s international expansion, later that year in October 2012 Barber merged with French-based Northstar Tattoo Supply, which was rebranded Barber Northstar. Based in Montpellier, Northstar Tattoo Supply was founded in 2007 serving over 1,500 tattoo studios across France and Belgium.

In 2014 launched 3 new websites to serve the Netherlands, Ireland and an English-language Euro site. In 2015, Barber DTS added German and Italan sites to further tailor to a growing customer base and offer a more personal customer experience.

On 26th January 2015 moved to larger, purpose-built offices at Shortwood Business Park in Hoyland.


Barber DTS - Current Logo



View Our Full Catalogue: